Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an outline of epigenetics as a whole, while also specifically examining a range of epigenetic players, including histone acetyl transferases (HATs) and histone deacetylases (HDACs). It chiefly focuses on the emerging targets of HDACs and their implications for various neurological disorders, while also discussing the drawbacks of current therapeutic strategies, the classification of HDAC inhibitors, and their promising effects in connection with specific neurological disorders.
The book explores the potential use of these inhibitors as novel therapeutic agents, considers the current challenges involved in using them to tackle neurological complications, and offers a novel solution by designing isoform-selective inhibitors and employing combinatorial therapeutic strategies. Its final section, which explores future directions, elaborates on the possibility of enhancing HDAC inhibitors’ therapeutic efficacy against various neurological complications.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8019-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-8018-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-8019-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site