About this book
Risk management weaknesses in banks have persisted in spite of regulatory changes. This Pivot takes inspiration from three unlikely sports heroes to create the proposed integrated approach to risk management competency development, bringing together three competency development concepts hitherto studied in isolation that are more comprehensive and more effective when combined.The author studies the integrated approach under three specific objectives. The concepts are first operationalized into 23 actionable indicators through literature reviews and experts’ reaffirmation. Then, the t-test and discriminant analysis are used to identify how banks across different demographic groups place different emphases on these indicators. Lastly, these indicators are summarized into key themes via factor analysis.
Eric H.Y. Koh, PhD, CFA, FCPA (Aust.), is with the Faculty of Business and Accountancy at the University of Malaya, Malaysia. He offers a unique blend of practical experience and academic credentials, having had senior management experience in the banking industry. He also facilitates several key academic and professional courses.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7599-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd., part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-7598-9
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-7599-6
- Series Print ISSN 2523-336X
- Series Online ISSN 2523-3378
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking