About this book
This book introduces recent advances in the deterministic design of photonic structures, which overcome the current limitation in conventional disordered materials. It develops new concepts for disordered photonics inspired by notions in quantum mechanics, solid-state physics, mathematics and network theory, such as isospectrality, supersymmetry, graph network, small-world, de Broglie-Bohm theory, and parity-time symmetry.
The multidisciplinary approach based on the core concepts of isospectrality (Chapter 2) and metadisorder (Chapter 3) offers a new perspective on the design methodology in photonics and in general disordered structures toward top-down designs of future photonic applications: perfect bandgap with strong modal localization, switching of random waves for binary and fuzzy logics, photonic analogy of graph networks, interdimensional signal transport, robust wave functions in disordered structures, and a novel method of energy storage and phase trapping based on Bohmian photonics. This book will provide new design criteria for physicists and engineers in photonics, and inspirations for researchers in other fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7527-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte. Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-7526-2
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-7527-9
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5423
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5431
- Buy this book on publisher's site