About this book
This book discusses the factors that affect outcomes in patients requiring various types of neurocritical care.
Neurocritical care was originally developed to manage patients with traumatic brain injury or stroke. Today, neurocritical care involves patients with a wide variety conditions, including not only brain injury, cerebrovascular disease and brain tumors but also post cardiac arrest syndrome, metabolic disorders, sepsis-related encephalopathy, degenerative diseases, and electrolyte abnormalities. Recently, there has been a focus on improving the outcomes and patients’ quality of life.
Covering the latest topics in the field, and written by specialists such as neurosurgeons, anesthesiologists and neurologists, the book provides an update on therapeutic / management strategies for disorders requiring neurocritical care for emergency physicians, intensivists and critical care physicians.
Neurological outcomes Sepsis Perioperative management Traumatic brain injury Stroke Fever control
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7272-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-7271-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-7272-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site