About this book
The fourth edition of this well received book provides an authoritative and up-to-date resource to support good practice in travel medicine, a field that has evolved substantially in recent years. Concretely, there has been intensified monitoring of health problems among travellers, as well as extensive research efforts, which have led to the development of evidence-based approaches to the field.
The book includes expert recommendations regarding e.g. immunizations, malaria prophylaxis, travellers’ diarrhea, altitude sickness, emerging infections, and non-infectious health issues encountered by travellers. It provides a practical approach to the pre-travel consultation and management of most issues that arise in medical care for travellers. In addition, it provides expert advice for high-risk travellers, e.g. those with immunosuppression, the elderly, pregnant women and young children.
The text offers a user-friendly, practical handbook for healthcare practitioners during their clinical consultations, as well as nurses and pharmacists.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7252-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-7251-3
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-7252-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site