Table of contents
About this book
It includes chapters focusing on recent diagnostic modalities such as technical advances, the role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), immunology, and histopathology, as well as the latest surgical techniques for the management of rectal cancer. It also discusses the role of adjuvant, neo-adjuvant and non-operative approaches.
Further, it presents the recent guidelines of prevention and early diagnosis, as well as current and future diagnostic and staging work-up, clearly and concisely, linking each topic to the therapeutic options arising from the staging. A large part of this multifaceted book is devoted to the in-hospital care of rectal cancer patients, from the fast-track procedures and enhanced recovery systems to detailed descriptions of the available surgical techniques, including salvage situations, accidents, complications and their treatment.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7197-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-7196-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-7197-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site