About this book
This book covers a wide range of topics concerning human tear based science, starting from basics such as the normal composition of tears and moving up to novel disease detection platforms. The entire approach is pioneering, as tears are beginning to be recognized as the most invaluable non-invasive tool in diagnostics. Interestingly, the concept is not restricted to ocular diseases: In recent years, tear diagnostics is increasingly being tapped even for cancer detection. Hopefully, non-invasive tear diagnostics will eventually replace today’s invasive disease detection and monitoring techniques.
Previous literature on tear diagnostics has been restricted to scientific journal articles, most of which dealt with a single tear constituent, such as a protein. This book offers a far more comprehensive and handy ‘reference guide,’ presenting both basic and advanced information and data. Accordingly, it will be useful for researchers in academia and the pharmaceutical industry, as well as healthcare professionals and diagnostic kit developers.
- Book Title Shed Tears for Diagnostics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7169-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-7168-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-7171-4
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-7169-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 166
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site