About this book
This book discusses the latest investigations into the electronic structure of narrow-gap semiconductors in extreme conditions, and describes in detail magnetic field and pressure measurement using two high-quality single crystals: black phosphorus (BP) and lead telluride (PbTe).
The book presents two significant findings for BP and PbTe. The first is the successful demonstration of the pressure-induced transition from semiconductor to semimetal in the electronic structure of BP using magnetoresistance measurements. The second is the quantitative estimation of how well the Dirac fermion description works for electronic properties in PbTe.
The overviews on BP and PbTe from the point of view of material properties help readers quickly learn typical electronic characters of narrow-gap semiconductor materials, which have recently attract interest in topological features in condensed matter physics. Additionally the introductory review of the principles and methodology allows readers to easily understand the high magnetic field and pressure experiments.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7107-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-7106-6
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-7107-3
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site