Table of contents
About this book
This book covers the basic scientific theory and related application technologies of the pantograph–catenary system, including research findings on pantograph/catenary contact resistance, pantograph interface thermal effect, laws and characteristics of current-carrying friction and wear, the main research methods for pantograph arcs, the effects of arcs on pantograph systems and onboard equipment, and the materials used for pantographs and contact wires. Given its scope, it offers a valuable resource for students, scholars, and development engineers alike.
The relationship between pantograph and catenary is one of the three core aspects of the safe operation of high-speed electrified railways. The pantograph system provides electric power for the high-speed train through the sliding electric contact. As the train’s operating speed increases, the pantograph system enters a state of prolonged sliding/vibration, resulting in frequent arcs, electrode erosion, and increased wear.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6589-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-6588-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-6589-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site