About this book
This book proposes a framework and strategies for reliable end-to-end post-disaster services using smartphone-based delay-tolerant networks, which can operate even in the absence of conventional network connectivity. It explores various aspects of this challenge, ranging from accurate need assessment, to timely need accumulation, efficient resource allocation, and reliable data dissemination.
The book offers insightful reading for all technologists and researchers working in the domain of ICT-based disaster management in developing countries, and will help them grasp the challenges involved in providing post-disaster services in an extremely difficult network scenario, while also offering possible solutions. The book will also benefit disaster management authorities, government agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders, helping them enhance their preparedness through the intelligent use of wireless technologies coupled with smart devices.
Post Disaster Communication Network Smartphone Based DTN Disaster Management Services PCR Based Resource Demand Forecasting CBR Based Need Validation Post Disaster Need Accumulation over DTN Emergency Resource Planning Utility Driven Resource Allocation Reliable Data Dissemination over DTN Secured PRoPHET Routing Protocol
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6573-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-6572-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-6573-7
- Series Print ISSN 2190-3018
- Series Online ISSN 2190-3026
- Buy this book on publisher's site