About this book
This volume represents the first attempt in the field of language pedagogy to apply a systems approach to issues in English language education. In the literature of language education, or more specifically, second or foreign language learning and teaching, each topic or issue has often been dealt with independently, and been treated as an isolated item. Taking grammar instruction as an example, grammatical items are often taught in a sequential, step-by-step manner; there has been no “road map” in which the interrelations between the various items are demonstrated. This may be one factor that makes it more difficult for students to learn the language organically.
The topics covered in this volume, including language acquisition, pedagogical grammar, and teacher collaboration, are viewed from a holistic perspective. In other words, language pedagogy is approached as a dynamic system of interrelations. In this way, “emergent properties” are expected to manifest. This book is recommended for anyone involved in language pedagogy, including researchers, teachers, and teacher trainers, as well as learners.
Systems Thinking Soft Systems Methodology Systemic Approach Language Pedagogy Meaning-order Approach to Pedagogical Grammar (MAP Grammar)
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6272-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-6271-2
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-6272-9
- Series Print ISSN 2197-8832
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8840
- Buy this book on publisher's site