About this book
Starting with the history of GDDs, it addresses various devices, their models and modifications, and highlights their advantages and disadvantages through numerous illustrations. The indications for the drainage devices are discussed in detail, using patient cases with photographs. The book describes the techniques for all devices in detail, which are explained further in accompanying videos.
After covering the basic techniques, the book provides extensive notes on modifications that may be required in various case presentations such as congenital glaucoma, post-penetrating keratoplasty with extensive peripheral synechiae, and procedure through pars plans etc. Complications and their management are subsequently addressed.
The book is an essential guide to help surgeons match patients to the most suitable device, and to support patients from preparation through post-operative care. Primarily intended for glaucoma surgeons, it offers a valuable resource for fellows in training, and all who have an interest in glaucoma surgery.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-5773-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-5772-5
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-5773-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site