About this book
This monograph presents a modern treatment of (1) stochastic differential equations and (2) diffusion and jump-diffusion processes. The simultaneous treatment of diffusion processes and jump processes in this book is unique: Each chapter starts from continuous processes and then proceeds to processes with jumps.
In the first part of the book, it is shown that solutions of stochastic differential equations define stochastic flows of diffeomorphisms. Then, the relation between stochastic flows and heat equations is discussed. The latter part investigates fundamental solutions of these heat equations (heat kernels) through the study of the Malliavin calculus. The author obtains smooth densities for transition functions of various types of diffusions and jump-diffusions and shows that these density functions are fundamental solutions for various types of heat equations and backward heat equations. Thus, in this book fundamental solutions for heat equations and backward heat equations are constructed independently of the theory of partial differential equations.
Researchers and graduate student in probability theory will find this book very useful.
stochastic differential equation with jumps jump-diffusion process Malliavin calculus Wiener space fundamental solution asymptotic short time estimate smooth density stochastic flow diffeomorphism diffusion and jump-diffusion processes heat equations backward heat equations 60H05, 60H07, 60H30 35K08, 35K10, 58J05
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-3801-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-3800-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-3801-4
- Series Print ISSN 2199-3130
- Series Online ISSN 2199-3149
- Buy this book on publisher's site