Table of contents
About this book
In recent years, volumes of the long-established Springer Subcellular Biochemistry series have shown great diversity of content, thus interesting biochemical topics, enthusiastically edited in all cases, have been readily accommodated.
This new volume of the Subcellular Biochemistry series, Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Ageing: Part II, offers a broad overview of many different Clinical Science aspects of Ageing. The 17 chapters included in the book, contributed by knowledgeable authors, review many important topics at an advanced level. Whilst it has proved impossible to include all relevant topics, there is much present that will be of value to the reader.
The book contains chapters on: “Poor Early Growth and Age-associated Disease; The Immune System and its Dysregulation with Ageing; Pulmonary Diseases and Ageing; Neurodegenerative Diseases and Ageing; Ageing and Cognition; Ageing and Osteoarthritis; Down Syndrome, Ageing and Epigenetics; The Vestibular System and Ageing; Signal Transduction, Ageing and Disease; Skin Changes During Ageing; Connective Tissue and Age-related Diseases ; Potential Cellular and Biochemical Mechanisms of Exercise and Physical Activity on the Ageing Process; Health Benefits of Anti-ageing Drugs; Visual Defects and Ageing; Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome: Challenges at Bench and Bedside; Osteoporosis and the Ageing Skeleton; Neurovascular Ageing and Age-related Diseases”
The book is primarily directed to advanced biomedical science and medical students, postgraduates, researchers, clinicians and academics in the field of Ageing. An earlier companion volume of the Subcellular Biochemistry series - Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Ageing: Part I (Volume 90) - covering the Biomedical Science aspects of ageing, has also been recently published.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Ageing: Part II Clinical Science
J. Robin Harris
Viktor I. Korolchuk
- Series Title Subcellular Biochemistry
- Series Abbreviated Title Subcellular Biochemistry
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-3681-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-3680-5
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-3681-2
- Series ISSN 0306-0225
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 499
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 47 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site