Table of contents
About this book
Oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the 13th commonest cancer worldwide, and the most common cancer in the Asian subcontinent due to the widespread habit of tobacco and betel nut chewing. Despite many advances in diagnosis and treatment, the survival statistics have only marginally improved. However our understanding of the disease process and transformation from pre-cancerous lesions of the oral mucosa to an invasive SCC cancer and their progression has expanded exponentially.
There are many conditions of the oral mucosa that can progress to an invasive malignancy. A thorough understanding of these conditions is a prerequisite for all those involved in the management of the diseases of the oral mucosa and head and neck region.
The recognition and timely treatment of potentially pre-malignant conditions of the oral cavity can minimize the change to an overt malignancy in many patients through patient education, appropriate treatment and surveillance.
In this book we cover relevant anatomy, biology, diagnosis and latest management strategies for pre-cancerous conditions that affect the oral mucosa. The respective chapters are written by expert contributors from around the world, lending the book a global perspective and making it an essential guide for all those involved in the management of pre-malignant lesions arising in this challenging anatomical region.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Premalignant Conditions of the Oral Cavity
Peter A. Brennan
Raghav C. Dwivedi
- Series Title Head and Neck Cancer Clinics
- Series Abbreviated Title Head and Neck Cancer Clinics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2931-9
- Copyright Information Peter A. Brennan, Tom Aldridge, Raghav C. Dwivedi, Rehan Kazi 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-2930-2
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-2931-9
- Series ISSN 2364-4060
- Series E-ISSN 2364-4079
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 276
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 48 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site