Table of contents
About this book
Phytoplasma-associated diseases are a major limiting factor in the context of the quality and productivity of many ornamental, horticultural and other economically important agricultural crops worldwide. Annual losses due to phytoplasma diseases vary, but under pathogen-favorable conditions they have disastrous consequences for the farming community. As there is no effective cure for these diseases, the management options focus on their exclusion, minimizing their spread by insect vectors and propagation materials and on the development of host plant resistance.
This book discusses the latest information on the epidemiology and management of phytoplasma-associated diseases, providing a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of distribution, occurrence and identification of the phytoplasmas, recent diagnostics approaches, transmission, losses and geographical distribution as well as management aspects.
Phytoplasmas Agricultural Crops Epidemiology Integrated management Host plant resistance
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2832-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2831-2
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2832-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site