Table of contents
About this book
This edited book discusses various challenges in teaching structural geology and tectonics and how they have been overcome by eminent instructors, who employed effective and innovative means to do so. All of the chapters were written by prominent and active academics and geoscientists fully engaged in teaching Structural Geology and Tectonics. New instructors will find this book indispensible in framing their teaching strategy.
Effective teaching of Structural Geology and Tectonics constitutes the backbone of geoscience education. Teaching takes place not only in classrooms, but also in labs and in the field. The content and teaching methodologies for these two fields have changed over time, shaped by the responsibilities that present-day geoscientists are expected to fulfill.
Geology Teaching Module Teaching Structural Geology Teaching Tectonics Structural Geology Fieldwork Tectonics Fieldwork Structural Geology Lab work Tectonics Lab Work Structural Geology Classroom Teaching Tectonics Classroom Teaching Structural Geology Computer Simulations
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2781-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2780-3
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2781-0
- Series Print ISSN 2197-9545
- Series Online ISSN 2197-9553
- Buy this book on publisher's site