Table of contents
About this book
This book compares legally allowed dismissal conditions in employment contracts in Taiwan and Japan and then examines the possibility of introducing the Taiwan-style severance payment system into Japanese employment contracts.
A significant difference exists between employment regulations of Japan and Taiwan. In Japan, dismissal of an employee on the grounds of ability is not easily upheld in a court of law, and a set rule for dismissals with severance payment does not exist. On the other hand, in Taiwan, where regulations do not allow dismissal at will, an employee can still be dismissed with severance payment, as long as due process is followed.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2149-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2148-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2149-8
- Series Print ISSN 2199-8620
- Series Online ISSN 2199-8639
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking