Table of contents
About this book
Contemporary approaches to compensation, founded on the utilitarian argument, have led to dissatisfactory outcomes for the affected landowners. Discussions in this book shift the focus to equalizing the share of burdens and benefits for each individual member of the society, through equalization of human capabilities.
This book will be of value to development economists, researchers, policy makers and law makers concerned with compulsory acquisition of land.
Jyoti Rao is an early career researcher pursuing doctoral research at the University of Melbourne. Her primary research interest is in issues related to housing, urban development, and land economics with most of her publications being in related fields. Jyoti is a trained architect, urban planner and real estate professional with experience of working in the industry and in academia.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1441-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-1440-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-1441-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking