About this book
This book systematically presents 40 pests, 7 natural pest enemies, and 20 diseases and weeds commonly encountered in sugarcane production, combining clear colour photos with detailed scientific descriptions. It covers a range of related topics, including morphological identification, habits and frequency of occurrence, prevention and control measures, symptom identification, characteristics of infections and epidemics, parasitic (predator) characteristics, ways of utilising natural pest enemies, main species and distribution, fluctuation in the field, and chemical control of weeds.
With novel content presented in simple, straightforward language, the book provides a valuable reference guide for scientific researchers, educators and industrial practitioners, as well as students and advisers at agricultural universities.
- Book Title Color Illustration of Diagnosis and Control for Modern Sugarcane Diseases, Pests, and Weeds
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1319-6
- Copyright Information China Agriculture Press and Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-1318-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-4610-1
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-1319-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 420
- Number of Illustrations 211 b/w illustrations, 183 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site