Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the changing role of judges in courts, tribunals, and other forums across a variety of jurisdictions. With contributions by international experts in judicial administration and senior judicial figures, it provides a unique comparative perspective on the role of modern judges in a rapidly evolving environment and the pressures of effective judicial administration. The chapters are sourced from a Collaborative Research Network focused on innovations in judging, and sponsored by the international Law and Society Association.
The book provides essential insights and perspectives for judges, judicial officers, and administrators, allowing them to respond to the challenges of the twenty-first century. It is also a valuable resource for legal practitioners and judicial experts, shedding light on the role of the modern judge and the strategies they employ.
Judicial Administration Judicial Practice Responsive Judging Justice System Judicial Process Law and Society Therapeutic Jurisprudence Restorative Justice Special Courts Mediation Comparative Law Judiciary
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1023-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-1022-5
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-1023-2
- Series Print ISSN 1534-6781
- Series Online ISSN 2214-9902
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors