About this book
This first volume of the book covers 150 important words and phrases encountered in cardiovascular, respiratory and renal physiology, elaborating the concepts, principles and common themes around these words. It offers students a quiver of arrows to direct their thinking accurately in order to understand targeted processes in physiology. Physiology teachers also find this ‘definitive’ physiology text useful in their lectures and tutorial classes to elaborate on homeostatic mechanisms in physiology.
With any increase in physiological knowledge, there will be new words and terms that describe new mechanisms, and definitions of key words in core physiology are essential points of reference since they provide the foundational word pillars needed to understand physiology texts.
This book is a valuable companion to the Springer series “Physiology-Question Based Learning (Pq-BL)” by the author. Both the questions and words for learning physiology well have been selected from the successful annual Physiology Quiz International event that is chaired and designed by the author.
- Book Title Defining Physiology: Principles, Themes, Concepts
- Book Subtitle Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Renal Physiology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0499-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-13-0498-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-4433-6
- eBook ISBN 978-981-13-0499-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 187
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 54 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site