About this book
Following the chapters on introduction and basic methods, Chapter 3 details a new research direction, i.e., neuro-evolution, an evolutionary method for the generation of deep neural networks, and also describes how evolutionary methods are extended in combination with machine learning techniques. Chapter 4 includes novel methods such as particle swarm optimization based on affinity propagation (PSOAP), and transfer learning for differential evolution (TRADE), another machine learning approach for extending differential evolution.
The last chapter is dedicated to the state of the art in gene regulatory network (GRN) research as one of the most interesting and active research fields. The author describes an evolving reaction network, which expands the neuro-evolution methodology to produce a type of genetic network suitable for biochemical systems and has succeeded in designing genetic circuits in synthetic biology. The author also presents real-world GRN application to several artificial intelligent tasks, proposing a framework of motion generation by GRNs (MONGERN), which evolves GRNs to operate a real humanoid robot.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0200-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-0199-5
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-0200-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site