About this book
Open standards and distributed databases such as blockchain configurations increase the connectivity of business ecosystems as devices and systems exchange data with each other instead of through intermediaries. This exchange opens up opportunities for new value constellations, makes services globally scalable, and connects local service systems as integrated systems of systems. The book brings together established academics from a number of disciplines. This collaboration makes it possible to provide novel constructs and empirical results that help the reader to understand how value is co-created and orchestrated in the era of digital service platforms. In addition to theory building, practical implications for wider managerial and policy use are highlighted.
The topics in this book are related to service platform technologies; organizational capabilities; and strategies and management in the contexts of retail, healthcare, and the public sector. A wide selection of case studies is used to demonstrate the implications of platforms for different service and economic contexts. Combining both theory and practice, this book is highly recommended for readers interested in the service and marketing point of view on the platform economy and for practitioners strategizing for scalable service platforms.
Chapters 4 and 10 are available open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License via link.springer.com.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8956-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-8955-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-8956-5
- Series Print ISSN 2197-8832
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8840
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking