About this book
This book introduces the theory and applications of nanometer photocatalysis, and it briefly presents the concept of photocatalysts, photocatalytic reaction mechanisms and kinetics, and photocatalytic reactor design. In addition, the use of photocatalysis in the control of flue-gas pollutants is discussed in detail.
The book also describes how a photocatalytic reactor is designed and implemented to evaluate the photocatalytic oxidation capacity of different photocatalysts on elemental mercury in a simulated flue gas. After that, the effect of photocatalysts on the SO2, NOx and Hg removal in the flue gas is studied. Photocatalytic cleaning technology can be applied not only in gas pollutant cleaning at power plants, but also in wastewater purification.
Readers gain a comprehensive understanding of possible mercury emission control methods and the industrial applications of these technologies.
- Book Title Photo-catalytic Control Technologies of Flue Gas Pollutants
- Series Title Energy and Environment Research in China
- Series Abbreviated Title Energy and Environment Research in China
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8750-9
- Copyright Information Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press and Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-8748-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-4229-5
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-8750-9
- Series ISSN 2197-0238
- Series E-ISSN 2197-0246
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 153
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 62 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, Shanghai, China
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Industrial Pollution Prevention
Environmental Science and Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site