About this book
The book consists of four chapters, the first of which explains the entropy and mutual information concept for discrete random variables. Chapter 2 introduces the concepts of entropy and mutual information for continuous random variables, along with the channel capacity. In turn, Chapter 3 is devoted to the typical sequences and data compression. One of Shannon’s most important discoveries is the channel coding theorem, and it is critical for electrical and communication engineers to fully comprehend the theorem. As such, Chapter 4 solely focuses on it.
To gain the most from the book, readers should have a fundamental grasp of probability and random variables; otherwise, they will find it nearly impossible to understand the topics discussed.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8432-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-8431-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-8432-4
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4870
- Buy this book on publisher's site