Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses economic development in general and selected public policy issues with a focus on philosophy, Gandhian thoughts and sectoral issues in the Indian context. It presents scholarly contributions on growth and development in India, with particular emphasis on human development in connection with the economy of India and selected developing countries. It brings to the forefront a body of knowledge on philosophy and ethical issues within the domain of public policies relating to development in today’s world.
The book includes contributions from leading economists and covering a range of issues such as the Indian government’s current ‘Make in India’ drive, the role of the World Bank, managing educational finances, development and higher education policy, inflation, decentralization, inequality, regional development, and linkages between health, nutrition and education. Accordingly, the book not only offers a useful resource for academics, economists and development practitioners, but also has important implications for public policymaking.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7950-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-7949-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-7950-4
- Series Print ISSN 2198-0012
- Series Online ISSN 2198-0020
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking