Table of contents
About this book
Launched in September 2006, Hinode is the third Japanese solar observatory on orbit, and employs three highly advanced telescopes jointly developed and operated with international partners. The book describes the background of these research topics, how the Hinode telescopes have tackled various challenges, and the scientific achievements and impacts in the first 10 years. Furthermore, it explores future perspective of researches in Japan.
The book will benefit undergraduate students interested in recent advance in the solar research, as well as graduate students and researchers working in solar physics, the space sciences, astronomy, and plasma physics.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title First Ten Years of Hinode Solar On-Orbit Observatory
- Series Title Astrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Abbreviated Title Astrophysics, Space Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7742-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-7741-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-3992-9
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-7742-5
- Series ISSN 0067-0057
- Series E-ISSN 2214-7985
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 305
- Number of Illustrations 40 b/w illustrations, 100 illustrations in colour
Solar and Heliospheric Physics
Astronomy, Observations and Techniques
Space Sciences (including Extraterrestrial Physics, Space Exploration and Astronautics)
- Buy this book on publisher's site