Table of contents
About this book
This book explores the ontologies, epistemologies, methodologies, and methods that inform tourism qualitative research conducted either by Asian scholars or non-Asian scholars focusing on Asia. In addition to providing a platform for researchers to publish their qualitative journeys, it aims to encourage further Asian qualitative tourism research production.
The book not only includes chapters from Asian scholars but also non-Asian tourism researchers with a focus on Asia, as their chapters are crucial to represent the multiplicity of realities constituting ‘Asia’. It is of interest to the whole tourism academic community as it provides novel methodological insights from a non-Western perspective, which at the moment are often silenced by dominant (Western) voices.
Qualitative tourism research Asia Asian research paradigms Research methodology Critical turn in tourism studies Hopeful tourism Academy of hope Ethnographic fieldwork Critical theory Non-positivist paradigm Autoethnography Narrative analysis Interpretive methodology Reflexive methodology Research paradigm Research method Research ethics Grounded theory methodology
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7491-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-7490-5
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-7491-2
- Series Print ISSN 2509-4203
- Series Online ISSN 2509-4211
- Buy this book on publisher's site