About this book
This book introduces readers to copula-based statistical methods for analyzing survival data involving dependent censoring. Primarily focusing on likelihood-based methods performed under copula models, it is the first book solely devoted to the problem of dependent censoring.
The book demonstrates the advantages of the copula-based methods in the context of medical research, especially with regard to cancer patients’ survival data. Needless to say, the statistical methods presented here can also be applied to many other branches of science, especially in reliability, where survival analysis plays an important role.
The book can be used as a textbook for graduate coursework or a short course aimed at (bio-) statisticians. To deepen readers’ understanding of copula-based approaches, the book provides an accessible introduction to basic survival analysis and explains the mathematical foundations of copula-based survival models.
- Book Title Analysis of Survival Data with Dependent Censoring
- Book Subtitle Copula-Based Approaches
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Statistics
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Statistics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7164-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-7163-8
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-7164-5
- Series ISSN 2191-544X
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5458
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 84
- Number of Illustrations 10 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Statistics for Life Sciences, Medicine, Health Sciences
Statistical Theory and Methods
Statistics for Social Sciences, Humanities, Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site