Table of contents
About this book
This book eases the task of converting research work into a manuscript, and covers the recent developments in publishing that often stump budding researchers.
Few researchers in the biomedical sciences are trained in the essential skills of reporting their results, and they seek help in writing a paper that will be acceptable for publication in the ‘right’ journal, and in presenting their results ‘effectively’ at a meeting. As well as covering the basic aspects of preparing manuscripts for publication, the book discusses best practices and issues relating to the publication of biomedical research, including topics such as peer-review, authorship, plagiarism, conflicts of interest, publication misconduct, electronic publishing and open-access journals. With more than two decades of experience in conducting workshops on writing scientific papers, the editors have brought together the expertise of 29 authors from seven countries to produce this one-stop guide to publishing research in biomedical sciences.
This book is intended for young researchers who are beginning their careers and wish to hone their skills and understand the rigors of research writing and publishing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Reporting and Publishing Research in the Biomedical Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7062-4
- Copyright Information The National Medical Journal of India; Yuan J. Hutin for chapter 6 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-7061-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-3912-7
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-7062-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 275
- Number of Illustrations 29 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour
Health Services Research
Statistics for Life Sciences, Medicine, Health Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors