Table of contents
About this book
This book provides authentic and comprehensive information on the concepts, methods, functional details and applications of nano-emulsions. Following an introduction to the applications of nanotechnology in the development of foods, it elaborates on food-grade nano-emulsion and their significance, discusses various techniques and methods for producing food-grade nano-emulsion, and reviews the main ingredient and component of food-grade nano-emulsions.
Further, the book includes a critical review of the engineering aspect of fabricating food-grade nano-emulsions and describe recently developed vitamin encapsulated nano-systems. In closing, it discuss the challenges and opportunities of characterizing nano-emulsified systems, the market risks and opportunities of nano-emulsified foods, and packaging techniques and safety issues – including risk identification and risk management – for nano-foods.
The book offers a unique guide for scientists and researchers working in this field. It will also help researchers, policymakers, industry personnel, journalists and the general public to understand food nanotechnology in great detail.
Increased Shelf Life Nanoemulsions Nanoemulsion Ingredients Nanoencapsulations Nutraceutical Delivery Safety, Toxicity and Regulations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-6986-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-6985-7
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-6986-4
- Series Print ISSN 2213-7114
- Series Online ISSN 2213-7122
- Buy this book on publisher's site