Table of contents
About this book
Representing the first book to offer complete coverage of all related topics, this title provides up-to-date guidance on exactly why, when, and how to perform transcatheter paravalvular leak closure. An international panel of leading experts in the field address the entire spectrum of associated problems, from relevant anatomy, to imaging methods, to implantation techniques, to a comprehensive presentation of clinical data.
Specific topics covered in this book include the mechanisms of artificial valve dehiscence, with a focus on local anatomical conditions; data on conservative and surgical treatment; qualification for paravalvular leak closure; multimodality imaging techniques; a step-by-step description of access, device selection and implantation; practical tips and tricks for troubleshooting; and the latest clinical data on transcatheter paravalvular leak closure.
The book facilitates the application of contemporary knowledge in clinical cardiology, cardiac surgery, imaging and interventional cardiology in the management of patients with this challenging clinical problem.
Aortic Fusion Imaging Heart Valve Interventional Treatment Mitral Occluder Paraaortic Regurgitation Paramitral Regurgitation Percutaneous Closure Transapical Access Transesophageal Echocardiography Valve Dehiscence Valve Deterioration
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Transcatheter Paravalvular Leak Closure
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5400-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-5399-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-5388-8
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-5400-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 182
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 80 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site