About this book
This book explores the institutionalization process with regard to the Parliament in Bangladesh, and seeks to identify the main constrains that hinder the Parliament from serving as the uppermost representative body for all segments of society.
This book sheds valuable new light on key reform initiatives carried out by donor communities in collaboration with the Bangladesh Parliament between the years 1991 and 2015 by presenting an extensive selection of donor proposals to make the Parliament a more potent political institution.
Presenting a comparative picture of the pre- and post-reform Bangladesh Parliament, the book will be of immense value to all scholars interested in democratic governance, administrative reforms, policy studies and the role of parliament as a watchdog ensuring accountability, transparency and national integrity.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5317-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-5316-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-5317-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site