Table of contents
About this book
This book covers recent developments in epidemic process models and related data on temporally varying networks. It is widely recognized that contact networks are indispensable for describing, understanding, and intervening to stop the spread of infectious diseases in human and animal populations; “network epidemiology” is an umbrella term to describe this research field.
More recently, contact networks have been recognized as being highly dynamic. This observation, also supported by an increasing amount of new data, has led to research on temporal networks, a rapidly growing area. Changes in network structure are often informed by epidemic (or other) dynamics, in which case they are referred to as adaptive networks.
This volume gathers contributions by prominent authors working in temporal and adaptive network epidemiology, a field essential to understanding infectious diseases in real society.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Temporal Network Epidemiology
- Series Title Theoretical Biology
- Series Abbreviated Title Theoretical Biology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5287-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-5286-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-13-5359-8
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-5287-3
- Series ISSN 2522-0438
- Series E-ISSN 2522-0446
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 342
- Number of Illustrations 38 b/w illustrations, 83 illustrations in colour
Mathematical and Computational Biology
Computer Appl. in Life Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site