Table of contents
About this book
The book traces the roots of plant biotechnology from the basic sciences to current applications in the biological and agricultural sciences, industry, and medicine. Providing intriguing opportunities to manipulate plant genetic and metabolic systems, plant biotechnology has now become an exciting area of research.
The book vividly describes the processes and methods used to genetically engineer plants for agricultural, environmental and industrial purposes, while also discussing related bioethical and biosafety issues. It also highlights important factors that are often overlooked by methodologies used to develop plants’ tolerance against biotic and abiotic stresses and in the development of special foods, bio-chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
The topics discussed will be of considerable interest to both graduate and postgraduate students. Further, the book offers an ideal reference guide for teachers and researcher alike, bridging the gap between fundamental and advanced approaches.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Plant Biotechnology: Principles and Applications
Malik Zainul Abdin
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2961-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-2959-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9751-5
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-2961-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 392
- Number of Illustrations 11 b/w illustrations, 33 illustrations in colour
Plant Genetics and Genomics
Nucleic Acid Chemistry
- Buy this book on publisher's site