Table of contents
About this book
Improving transparency is critical to the future of higher education. This book articulates the role and necessity of transparency to creating substantial opportunities for innovation and transformation.
Current global crises imperil exactly the kinds of progress higher education has helped to create. The sector must contribute now like never before. But it must put its own house in order first, and do a better job conveying its value and transformative potential.
The book offers a transparency roadmap: it reveals the pressures reshaping higher education, clarifies the value and nature of transparency, examines emerging reporting platforms, reviews improvement opportunities for students, faculty, institutions and systems, and forecasts how to engineer important next steps.
The text synthesises diverse theoretical and empirical perspectives, incorporating analysis of quality and productivity, academic work and leadership, indicators and metrics, commercial trends and institutional models, as well as student learning and outcomes. It creates new futures for higher education by integrating and opening up issues that have been confined largely to insiders.
Transparent Universities academic work and leadership higher education leadership higher education management institutional models quality and productivity transparency in higher education
- Book Title The Market for Learning
- Book Subtitle Leading Transparent Higher Education
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2873-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-2871-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9726-3
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-2873-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 169
- Number of Illustrations 18 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking