About this book
This book describes the main ideas, methods, results and resources relevant to the study of bionanosensor networks. Its primary goal is to spark application-oriented studies of molecular communication; that is, to investigate how collections of bionanosensors, referred to here as bionanosensor networks, can be used for practical purposes such as nanomedical sensing. In particular, the book focuses on two key functionalities for nanomedical applications: target detection and target tracking.
Bionanosensor networks represent a new interdisciplinary research area that expands the traditional area of network engineering by incorporating the latest advances in bionanotechnology. These networks consist of spatially distributed bionanosensors that are engineered with the help of bionanotechnology. As a research area, bionanosensor networks are aimed at designing robust networks on the basis of spatially distributed bionanosensors, as well as at developing innovative applications of those networks.
bionanosensor bionanosensor network target detection target tracking molecular communication nanomedicine drug delivery static bionanosensor network dynamic bionanosensor network mobile bionanosensor sensor placement residence time collective behavior externally control controllability chemotaxis information theory
- Book Title Target Detection and Tracking by Bionanosensor Networks
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2468-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-2467-2
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-2468-9
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 68
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 47 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site