About this book
This interdisciplinary work on condensed matter physics, the continuum mechanics of novel materials, and partial differential equations, discusses the mathematical theory of elasticity and hydrodynamics of quasicrystals, as well as its applications. By establishing new partial differential equations of higher order and their solutions under complicated boundary value and initial value conditions, the theories developed here dramatically simplify the solution of complex elasticity problems. Comprehensive and detailed mathematical derivations guide readers through the work. By combining theoretical analysis and experimental data, mathematical studies and practical applications, readers will gain a systematic, comprehensive and in-depth understanding of condensed matter physics, new continuum mechanics and applied mathematics.
This new edition covers the latest developments in quasicrystal studies. In particular, it pays special attention to the hydrodynamics, soft-matter quasicrystals, and the Poisson bracket method and its application in deriving hydrodynamic equations. These new sections make the book an even more useful and comprehensive reference guide for researchers working in Condensed Matter Physics, Chemistry and Materials Science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1984-5
- Copyright Information Science Press and Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-1982-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-1984-5
- Series Print ISSN 0933-033X
- Series Online ISSN 2196-2812
- Buy this book on publisher's site