Table of contents
About this book
This book proposes and validates an information flow approach to analyzing knowledge co-construction and predicting group performance in the context of collaborative learning. In addition, it highlights the importance of socially shared regulation in collaborative learning, and illustrates in detail how it can be analyzed and promoted.
The book investigates several innovative examples, including: Methodological approaches to studying and analyzing knowledge building and regulation in collaborative learning; Social software tools for capturing the dynamics of knowledge building and regulation in collaborative learning; Collective regulatory mechanisms to scaffold socially shared regulation in real-life collaborative learning; and Scripts and interventions to facilitate effective and productive collaborative learning on the basis of several case studies.
The original methodological contributions to the analysis of knowledge building and scaffolding socially shared regulation make this an essential read for anyone interested in collaborative learning. This book will also be of interest to a wide audience of researchers, teachers, and students in the field of collaborative learning, as well as the rapidly growing community of people investigating how collaborative learning can be effectively used in education.
Co-regulation Computer-supported Collaborative Learning Interaction Analysis Knowledge Construction Knowledge Convergence Knowledge Elaboration Peer-tutor Role Assignment Socially Shared Regulation Teachers’ Guidance
- Book Title Knowledge Building and Regulation in Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning
- Series Title Perspectives on Rethinking and Reforming Education
- Series Abbreviated Title Perspectives on Rethinking and Reforming Education
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1972-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-1970-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9491-0
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-1972-2
- Series ISSN 2366-1658
- Series E-ISSN 2366-1666
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 161
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 38 illustrations in colour
Learning & Instruction
Computers and Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site