Table of contents
About this book
Edusemiotics is a pioneering area of study that connects semiotics – the science of signs – with educational theory and the philosophy of education. This volume reflects cutting-edge research by scholars in education and in semiotics worldwide, bridging the two discourses to present the state of the art in this new transdisciplinary field.
The book’s emphasis is on educational theory as based on semiotic philosophy: as such, it challenges the current conception of semiotics in education as merely a sub-branch of applied semiotics. It presents edusemiotics as a novel unified conceptual framework at the interface of theoretical semiotics and educational philosophy, based on both theoretical and empirical studies from around the world.
The chapters in this handbook also bring to the fore the intellectual legacy of Charles S. Peirce, John Dewey, Gilles Deleuze, Umberto Eco, Julia Kristeva, Mikhail Bakhtin, Paul Ricoeur, Martin Heidegger and other thinkers, pointing out the implications of edusemiotics for meaningful pedagogy and experiential learning in diverse contexts.
Bildung Charles S. Pierce Gilles Deleuze Human development Julia Kristeva Semiotics Values education anti-dualism communication in Education early childhood educational theory heritage language history and philosophy of education holistic education meaning in education second language signification
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Edusemiotics – A Handbook
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1495-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-1493-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9366-1
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-1495-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 312
- Number of Illustrations 15 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Philosophy of Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site