Table of contents
About this book
In the first part of the book, the physical and chemical properties of ZnO and nanocarbons and the state-of-the-art in related research are briefly summarized. In the next part, the 3D conformal coating synthetic processes of ZnO templated nanocarbon hybrid materials such as ZnO-graphene,-C60, single-walled (SWCNT) are introduced with the aid of schematic illustrations. Analysis of their chemical bonding and structure are also presented. In the final section, several applications are presented: UV photovoltaic cells and photoelectrochemical anodes for water splitting using ZnO-C60 and ZnO-graphene, white-light-emitting diodes based on ZnO-graphene quantum dots(GQDs), inverted solar cells using ligand-modified ZnO-graphene QDs, and P(VDF-TrFE) copolymer with mixed with nano-ring SWCNT.
The book describes how strong anchoring bonds between a ZnO core and carbon nanomaterial shell will ultimately prevail over the main drawbacks of ZnO with high charge recombination and poor electrochemical stability in liquid solutions. Due to the moderate energy states and excellent electric properties of the nanocarbons, ultrafast charge carrier transport from the ZnO core to the nanocarbon shell is guaranteed with the use of the photoluminescence (PL) lifetime measurement.
Given the growing interest and significance of future research in optoelectronic and electrochemical devices applications, the contents are very timely. This book is targeted towards researchers looking for highly efficient metal oxide-nanocarbon hybrid functional materials in the fields of nano-optoelectronics, photoelectrochemistry, energy storage and conversion.
- Book Title ZnO-Nanocarbon Core-Shell Type Hybrid Quantum Dots
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0980-8
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-0979-2
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0980-8
- Series ISSN 2191-530X
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5318
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 75
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 47 illustrations in colour
Optics, Lasers, Photonics, Optical Devices
Nanoscale Science and Technology
- Buy this book on publisher's site