About this book
This book is the autobiography of Shinya Inoué, tracing his life from childhood to the present. Though he has made many contributions to science, perhaps the most remarkable one involves the visualization of dynamics in living cells by means of a polarizing light microscope, an innovation that changed the face of cell biology.
Addressing readers curious to know why and how he achieved such success, the story begins with a prologue describing the end of World War II and Inoué’s lifelong collaborator, the great cell biologist Katsuma Dan. Following the prologue, the author’s childhood and teenage experiences during World War II are described, before the focus shifts to his scientific career and personal life.
The book not only offers important tips for young researchers, it will also help them develop a passion for science.
- Book Title Pathways of a Cell Biologist
- Book Subtitle Through Yet Another Eye
- Series Title Springer Biographies
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Biographies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0947-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-0946-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9290-9
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0947-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIX, 258
- Number of Illustrations 135 b/w illustrations, 32 illustrations in colour
Spectroscopy and Microscopy
History of Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site