About this book
This book covers the diagnosis and assessment of the various faults which can occur in a three phase induction motor, namely rotor broken-bar faults, rotor-mass unbalance faults, stator winding faults, single phasing faults and crawling.
Following a brief introduction, the second chapter describes the construction and operation of an induction motor, then reviews the range of known motor faults, some existing techniques for fault analysis, and some useful signal processing techniques. It includes an extensive literature survey to establish the research trends in induction motor fault analysis.
Chapters three to seven describe the assessment of each of the five primary fault types. In the third chapter the rotor broken-bar fault is discussed and then two methods of diagnosis are described; (i) diagnosis of the fault through Radar analysis of stator current Concordia and (ii) diagnosis through envelope analysis of motor startup current using Hilbert and Wavelet Transforms. In chapter four, rotor-mass unbalance faults are assessed, and diagnosis of both transient and steady state stator current has been analyzed using different techniques. If both rotor broken-bar and rotor-mass unbalance faults occur simultaneously then for identification an algorithm is provided in this chapter. Chapter five considers stator winding faults and five different analysis techniques, chapter six covers diagnosis of single phasing faults, and chapter seven describes crawling and its diagnosis.
Finally, chapter eight focuses on fault assessment, and presents a summary of the book together with a discussion of prospects for future research on fault diagnosis.
- Book Title Induction Motor Fault Diagnosis
- Book Subtitle Approach through Current Signature Analysis
- Series Title Power Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Power Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0624-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-0623-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9213-8
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0624-1
- Series ISSN 1612-1287
- Series E-ISSN 1860-4676
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXV, 161
- Number of Illustrations 34 b/w illustrations, 72 illustrations in colour
Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Networks
Measurement Science and Instrumentation
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
- Buy this book on publisher's site