Table of contents
About this book
This book consists of chapters based on selected papers presented at the EcoDesign2015 symposium (9th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing). The symposium, taking place in Tokyo in December 2015, has been leading the research and practices of eco-design of products and product-related services since it was first held in 1999. The proceedings of EcoDesign2011 were also published by Springer.
Eco-design of products and product-related services (or product life cycle design) are indispensable to realize the circular economy and to increase resource efficiencies of our society. This book covers the state of the art of the research and the practices in eco-design, which are necessary in both developed and developing countries. The chapters of the book, all of which were peer-reviewed, have been contributed by authors from around the world, especially from East Asia, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
The features of the book include (1) coverage of the latest topics in the field, e.g., global eco-design management, data usage in eco-design, and social perspectives in eco-design; (2) an increased number of authors from Southeast Asian countries, with a greater emphasis on eco-design in emerging economies; (3) high-quality manuscripts, with the number of chapters less than half of that of the previous book.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Sustainability Through Innovation in Product Life Cycle Design
- Series Title EcoProduction
- Series Abbreviated Title EcoProduction
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0471-1
- Copyright Information Springer Japan 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-0469-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9170-4
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0471-1
- Series ISSN 2193-4614
- Series E-ISSN 2193-4622
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 1031
- Number of Illustrations 106 b/w illustrations, 318 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information selected papers after review
Waste Management/Waste Technology
- Buy this book on publisher's site