Table of contents
About these proceedings
The very latest theories and research on the development of entrepreneurship are to be found in this book. It explores the factors affecting the performance of small and family businesses and entrepreneurs’ innovativeness, amongst other themes. Selected papers update readers on the entrepreneurship environment and reveal aspects of newly identified issues such as innovation for entrepreneurship educators, globalization, entrepreneurship thinking and traits, aspects of a knowledge society, Islamic entrepreneurship, green entrepreneurship and internationalization strategies. Readers may also engage with the theme of the financial and accounting environment for entrepreneurship, including topics such as financial assessment and diagnosis, modelling, hedging, fraud, bankruptcy and governance.
Perspectives relevant to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) emerge in this work. The development of Islamic finance and networking effects based on ethnicity are explored, as well as the economic considerations that must be addressed by entrepreneurs in pursuit of any internationalization policies.
Scholars and policy makers with an interest in entrepreneurship or small to medium-sized businesses or enterprises (SMEs) will find many valuable insights in this volume.
Bankrupcy Economic and financial environment Fraud Globalization Governance Green Entrepreneurship Hedging Innovative entrepreneurship education Institutional environment Internationalization strategies Islamic entrepreneurship Knowledge Society
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Proceedings of the ASEAN Entrepreneurship Conference 2014
Noor Zahirah Mohd Sidek
Siti Meriam Ali
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0036-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-10-0034-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-10-9068-4
- eBook ISBN 978-981-10-0036-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 301
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 24 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site