About this book
This book examines the impact of EU trade and investment agreements on public services, a topic that continues to be the subject of heated political debate. It surveys a broad range of EU agreements and provides a comprehensive, up-to-date analysis of the rules and disciplines of such agreements that can affect the provision of public services.
Going beyond the existing literature, it asks whether the treatment of public services in EU trade and investment agreements is coherent with the special status of public services in “internal” EU law, specifically internal market law, while also challenging the notion that trade and investment agreements automatically pose serious threats to public services.
The book will be of keen interest to legal scholars and students specialising in EU and/or international economic law together with national and international policy-makers.
Luigi F. Pedreschi is affiliated to the European University Institute in Florence, Italy, and currently works as a Research Associate at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, also located in Florence.
Public services EU trade agreements EU investment agreements Coherence of EU law Common commercial policy
- Book Title Public Services in EU Trade and Investment Agreements
- Series Title Legal Issues of Services of General Interest
- Series Abbreviated Title Legal Issues of Services
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-6265-383-2
- Copyright Information T.M.C. Asser Press and the author 2020
- Publisher Name T.M.C. Asser Press, The Hague
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-6265-382-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-6265-385-6
- eBook ISBN 978-94-6265-383-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 284
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Public International Law
Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Arbitration
International Economic Law, Trade Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site