Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a comprehensive, state-of-the-art treatment of the acquisition of Indo- and Non-Indo-European languages in various contexts, such as L1, L2, L3/Ln, bi/multilingual, heritage languages, pathology as well as language impairment, and sign language acquisition. The book explores a broad mix of methodologies and issues in contemporary research.
The text presents original research from several different perspectives, and provides a basis for dialogue between researchers working on diverse projects with the aim of furthering our understanding of how languages are acquired. The book proposes and refines new theoretical constructs, e.g. regarding the complexity of linguistic features as a relevant factor forming children’s, adults’ and bilingual individuals’ acquisition of morphological, syntactic, discursive, pragmatic, lexical and phonological structures. It appeals to students, researchers, and professionals in the field.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title New Trends in Language Acquisition Within the Generative Perspective
- Series Title Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics
- Series Abbreviated Title Stud. Theor. Psycholinguist.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-024-1932-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature B.V. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-024-1931-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-1934-4
- eBook ISBN 978-94-024-1932-0
- Series ISSN 1873-0043
- Series E-ISSN 2215-1788
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 335
- Number of Illustrations 151 b/w illustrations, 45 illustrations in colour
Language Acquisition and Development
- Buy this book on publisher's site