About this book
This book introduces readers to nearly 600 common weeds. In addition to essential information, each chapter includes photos for a specific type of weed to show its morphology in different growth periods, such as seedling, root, flower, fruit, and mature plant. The book also discusses control measures, including agricultural, chemical, physical, biological, and comprehensive methods. The Volume1 mainly focuses on 126 species of grass weeds and 34 species of sedge weeds.
With the development of society and economics, weeds have become a recurring problem. In particular, the exotic, invasive, and quarantine weeds have spread dramatically and rapidly. On the other hand, many people, even those who are engaged in weed control, do not (or cannot) distinguish between weeds. Thus there is significant demand for illustrations of weed morphologies, as well as information on their control measures. This book offers a valuable, practical guide for all those working in the fields of crop cultivation, plant protection and quarantine management.
- Book Title Identification and Control of Common Weeds: Volume 1
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-024-0954-3
- Copyright Information Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou and Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-024-0952-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-1447-9
- eBook ISBN 978-94-024-0954-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 459
- Number of Illustrations 193 b/w illustrations, 346 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site