Table of contents
About this book
The volume offers an exploration of methods for analysis of emotion in negotiation, such as cognitive modeling, discourse analysis, all testing, subsequent multidimensional scaling, impression rating, and graph modeling for conflict resolution, reasonable and unreasonable disagreement.
It covers activities, such as business negotiation, conflict solving, bargaining, task management meetings, discussions, and elaborates on different kinds of emotions. Some emotions stimulate negotiation (e.g. empathy), others -hinder it (e.g. disgust). However, all emotions open a door to uncertainty in relations and negotiation, which in turn provides an opportunity.
The volume views language in negotiation not only as a vehicle for transmission of thought but also as a manifestation of emotion and the ethical.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9963-8
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-9962-1
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-9963-8
- Series Print ISSN 1871-935X
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals